Where Will You Live?
There are six residence halls on campus, all of which are located on the upper residential quad, with the exception of Traer. Traer is right in the middle of campus, allowing for easy access to classrooms and the campus center! Rooms vary from singles to triples and some doors open to a hallway while others open to a courtyard. No matter which hall you call reside in, you’ll find student and professional staff dedicated to making you feel at home!
Housing rates are listed with tuition & fees on the HUB website.
- Each room in all residence halls is furnished with a Twin XL bed, dresser, desk, and desk chair for each student.
- Most common rooms in the residence halls include a couch, chairs, coffee table, dining table, and dining chairs.
- All rooms in Dempsey Hall, and Greek Row are carpeted.
- Rooms in Bowden-Magbee and Jobe-Hansen Halls have vinyl composite tile floors.
- All residence halls are located on the residence quad except Traer Hall, which is on the academic quad, near the TLCC.
Gender Neutral Housing
This option is available to upper class students who mutually agree to live together and who reside in Bowden-Magbee, Jobe-Hansen, Alumni or Jacobs Residence Halls. Gender neutral is defined as when there are one or more genders living together in a suite.
Oglethorpe University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its residence halls. Students who agree to the gender neutral suite must submit a gender neutral housing contract.Submit a gender neutral housing contract
Exemption From the Residential Policy
If a student is interested in being exempt from the policy, he or she must begin the process by submitting a Request for Exemption from Residential Policy through SimpleCampus Housing.
Students may seek exemption from the policy if they are:
- 22 years of age or older
- Married, Have proof of a Domestic Union, and/or Live with Dependents
- Reside full-time with their parent(s) (or parental guardian) within a 25-mile driving distance of Oglethorpe University as measured by Google Maps.