Petrel Passes

Your Petrel Pass

Your Petrel Pass is your official Oglethorpe ID card. It provides you, as an Oglethorpe student and affiliate, the ability to visibly identify yourself while you are on campus and affords you access to authorized buildings and services.

You are responsible for always carrying your Petrel Pass with you and treating it as you would your credit card or government-issued ID card. You are also responsible for the consequences of its misuse due to the access it affords you.

*Please reference the Oglethorpe Bulletin Section 12.1.11 for detailed policy regarding your petrel pass ID.

  • Philip Weltner Library resources
  • Student meal plan
  • Security access to certain locations on campus, including some residence halls
  • Discounts or free passes to sporting events
  • Access to account information and password resets at the IT services help desk
  • Numerous other student discounts not affiliated with Oglethorpe University
Replacement Petrel Passes can be obtained from the Residence Life Office. All Students can put in a request for a reprinted card at any time during our normal business hours; Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Turner Lynch Student Center Student Commons. Your card will be reprinted within the same business day and ready for pick-up by 4pm or the following business day, depending on the time of your request. Please email [email protected] call 404-364-8520, or come to the TLCC Student Commons for assistance.
*After business hours, contact Campus Safety at 404-504-1998 if you are unable to access your room or other buildings you are authorized to access due to card issues.

**If you are a Faculty or Staff member, please email HR Director, Sandy Butler to determine when to pick up your Petrel Pass and\/or how to best troubleshoot any problems.

>Lost or stolen petrel passes should be reported immediately to the Residence Life Office. We will put in a request for a new card and can give you a temporary card as necessary. Lost card charges: There is a charge of $15.00 for a lost Petrel Pass. This will be charged to your student account.
Stolen card charges: The Residence Life Office will waive any replacement charge for a stolen petrel pass if the student presents us with a copy of a police report that lists the ID card as one of the stolen items. Otherwise the same charges apply as for lost cards. Broken card charges: The Residence Life Office will waive any replacement charge for malfunctioning cards where there was not damage attributed to the actions of the individual student (ex. cards that have been hole punched or ran through the washing machine will be charged). *For your protection, once a card is reprinted, it cannot be reactivated. If you find the original card after the reprint is made, you cannot use it.